Packing for any travel destination can be quite tedious. You are taking a flight somewhere and wonder what should be packed inside your carry-on bag. This is a struggle for even the most advanced plan travel experts. Today, we wanted to share the top 10 things to pack in your carry-on bag, so you can relax and simply enjoy your trip.
- Collapsible Water Bottle– Being that you can’t bring in liquids into the airport, having a collapsible water bottle allows you to fill-up at a water fountain inside. Remember to hydrate yourself before flying.
- Toiletry Items- Items you’ll want to have can include a travel toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner. Remember that the limit in the US is 3 ounces each and if they have a liquid or cream-like consistency, they must all go into a one-quart baggie.
- Phone charger- You definitely want to have your phone charger handily available. Charge up while in the airport. If you can find a portable charger, even better. Most planes do not have outlets inside, so you will need power to use the wi-fi on your phone (if available).
- Proper ID’s- You will need your license or some form of acceptable photo ID. Depending on where you are traveling to, you may also need your passport and/ or travel visa.
- Entertainment- Not all planes have tv’s, so a flight can get boring quickly if you don’t have anything to keep your mind occupied. Actual books, magazines or puzzle books are best because they do not rely on power or wi-fi. Tablets and other electronics are good for when you have a power supply and wi-fi available.
- Change of Clothing- You never know when luggage can go missing, so pack a change of clothes just in case.
- Filling Snacks- These will keep you fuller, longer without relying on the airplane snacks usually provided.
- Medications – Keep any prescribed medications with you, just in case you need them. Even if you don’t have prescribed medication, you may want some over-the-counter medications for headache or sinus pressure.
- Sunglasses and/or Eyeglasses- Even if you wear contacts, keep a back-up pair of glasses in case something happens to your lenses. Sunglasses also aide you when you are out walking around in the sun.
- Sweater or Sweatshirt- The airport and airplanes can get chilly, so you’ll want to have something available to keep you warm.
Each of these 10 things to pack in your carry-on bag serves a purpose. You may get cold in the cabin during flight or you may eat something that leaves your breath less than fresh. There are also things like a travel pillow that should be packed as a means to take a comfortable nap while in flight. Sure this list of 10 things to pack in your carry-on bag may not be as extensive as you envisioned it, but it surely will help you get from point A to point B with little to no stress.